Starting School at Adisham?
Everything you need to know...
Make sure you have read our Why choose Adisham? page before you start!
If your child is going to be starting school with us in September, scroll through this page for lots of useful information for new parents.
Who we are
Mrs V Acors
Miss S Metcalf
Mrs E Wood
Miss S Metcalf
How we communicate
Reach More Parents is our communication app for all current parents with children at the school.
It is our primary method of communication and essential for day to day contact with the school.
We use weduc to:
- Send messages (which parents receive as app notifications)
- Receive messages (parents can message the school office from the Weduc app)
- Share letters and newsletters
- Share key dates on our calendar
- Share what’s been going on at the school in our newsfeed
- Share useful links and information in ‘The Hub’ (Term dates, Staff list, Policies, etc.)
To register to use the app, please ask the school office for your unique enrolment code if you have not received one.
Please note that parents will only be able to receive an enrolment code once their child has started school.
We have thought carefully about our school uniform and have chosen it to be comfortable and practical for primary aged children whilst also being affordable for families.
Our sweatshirt/cardigan is the only piece of school uniform where it is important that the School logo is present. These can only be purchased from the Mapac Online Shop where parents can choose to have orders delivered to the school free of charge.
This means that all other items of uniform/accessories can be purchased in supermarkets and/or local uniform shops, as well as the Mapac online shop.
Use the link below to purchase uniform from the Mapac online shop.
If you do not have access to a computer/internet, you can contact Mapac’s friendly team on 01923 255525.
If you have any queries before, during, or after placing your order call 01923 255525 or email@example.com
Size Guide (Samples of uniform are available at the main office to try on)
Our school meals are provided by Chartwells. At £2.60 per day, we offer a balanced and nutritious menu daily. To accompany our menu, there is a fresh salad bar every day where children are encouraged to try a variety of new foods.
If you pay for school meals this must be done in advance via the Parent Pay website/app.
We recognise the importance of providing childcare options to assist working parents.
Adisham CE Primary School is open from 7:30am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
As well as our Breakfast Club and After School Club, we offer a range of free Extra-Curricular Clubs every term that children can take part in after school.
At our school, we work hard to offer an exciting curriculum that helps students become caring, lifelong learners who are ready to make a positive difference in the world. Our curriculum focuses on several important areas:
- Teaching students about unfairness in the world and inspiring them to take action to improve it.
- Helping students understand their feelings and how to get along with people from different backgrounds.
- Encouraging students to think creatively and critically to solve problems by working together and using different subjects.
- Supporting students in learning at their own pace in a welcoming environment that values everyone’s uniqueness.
- Creating memorable learning experiences that students will remember and cherish.
- Preparing students for an unpredictable future by showing them how to use technology for learning.
- Using a mastery approach to help students gain a deep and lasting understanding of what they learn, which can be adapted as needed.
The Stour Academy Trust recognises the value of parent forums as a means of having a sustained dialogue with a committed and informed group of parents on a range of issues that impact on their day to day life with the school which affect them and their children.
The school’s parent forum automatically includes every parent/carer with a child enrolled at the school.
Parent forums are a way for schools to encourage more parents to get involved in school life. They are informal groups, led by the Head Teacher and Parent Support Advisor where parents can be consulted, give their views and raise issues. In doing so, work closely with the management team to support the improvement of the school.
Timings of the school day/term dates
Over a school year, pupils are required to attend school for 190 days. Children do not come into school on Staff Development Days or Bank Holidays.
Adisham CE Primary School is open from 7.30am – 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Compulsory times for children are 8.45am – 3.15pm which equates to 6 hours 30 minutes a day, or 32.5 hours per week.