Global Neighbours – an exciting school accreditation scheme run by Christian Aid.
We want to encourage a deeper understanding of global injustice and the Christian response to it in our primary school. The accreditation scheme will be verified by the Church of England Education Office and will consist of three levels- bronze, silver and gold.
To achieve accreditation, schools will demonstrate how they are fulfilling criteria relating to:
- spirituality and worship
- pupil participation in active global citizenship
- community engagement
- school leadership
Some of the areas we will be working on in school over the next few terms are:
- Utilising Philosophy For Children (P4C) techniques to engage children in local and global issues and solutions
- Develop prayer spaces across the school to allow children to reflect on local and global issues
- Pupils will become more active in global citizenship and will have a sense of ownership and understanding of why they are taking a particular action
- Class reflective time will incorporate children watching ‘News Round’, along with the use of the Christian Aid ‘Global Explorers’ resources and also ‘This Week Junior.’
- To develop sharing learning with pupils in other schools locally, nationally and globally through pen pals club.
You can view our Courageous Advocacy Action Plan below:
Courageous Advocacy Action Plan
Find out more about Global Neighbours below: