Internet safety is always high on the agenda at Adisham CE Primary School. We have extensive security measures in place, which are constantly monitored both internally and externally, to prevent our pupils from coming into any potential danger or accessing unsuitable material.
Lessons are taught from Year 1 upward explaining and demonstrating how to stay safe when using the internet and working with technology. Click here to see an overview of the E-Safety coverage that we teach in our computing curriculum and click here to see our E-Safety policy.
What children need to know about Online Bullying
7 Questions to help you start a conversation with your child about Online
SafetyApp store guide for parents
Fortnite Guide for Parents
Tik-Tok Guide for Parents
Online Grooming Guide for Parents
Your help is still needed to prevent children accessing inappropriate material at home by way of filters and parental controls. Watch for Warning Signs Concerning Your Child's Online Activity.Look below at our extensive list of links and rescources for Parents/Carers, Teachers and Young People.
National Agencies and where to report a problem
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection centre CEOP's homepage and report abuse button
- Think U Know - Advice for Parents, Teachers and Young people and teaching resources
- Internet Watch Foundation - Report illegal Content
- UK Council for Child Internet Safety (UKCCIS)
- Childnet International – Guidance for Parents, Teachers and Young People
- Virtual Global Taskforce - VGT homepage
- Kent Schools e-Safety Policy Guidance - This guidance and policy template will help schools to discuss the issues and review their e-Safety Policy.
- Internet Matters: www.internetmatters.org
- Internet Watch Foundation (IWF): www.iwf.org.uk
- Lucy Faithfull Foundation: www.lucyfaithfull.org
- NSPCC: www.nspcc.org.uk/onlinesafety
- ChildLine: www.childline.org.uk
- Net Aware: www.net-aware.org.uk
- UK Safer Internet Centre: www.saferinternet.org.uk
Links for Parents/Carers
- Ask About Games - Advice on computer gaming and how to apply parental controls
- Early Years e-safety - help introduce young children to the idea of internet safety
- Get Safe Online - Advice and guidence on Safety online
- Vodaphone Safety - Advice from Vodaphone
- Yahoo Safety Tips
- CBBC Safe search – Excellent Child friendly Search engine for Primary Schools
- NEN Image Gallery - for images to use in the classroom
- TeacherTube - Video Sharing website
- Easywhois - Useful website to check who registered/owns a website
- All about Explorers - Teaching children to evaluate reliability of online information.
- That's Not Cool - advice on digital relations for KS3/4